Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 26th

So far - following a super quick swizz online, I have discovered that Victor Hugo and William Cody ( aka Buffalo Bill ) share the same birthday, today  - 1802  &  1846, Besancon and Iowa, respectively. 

Valentinian the First was made Emperor of Rome in 364 on this day.


John Harvey Kellogg, a doctor and inventor of the eponymous cereal, was born on this day in 1852.

Today is the Feast Day of Saint Isabel of France. The daughter of King Louis VIII, she devoted her life to caring for the poor and destitute and founded the Franciscan Monastery of the Humility of the Blessed Mary, Longchamps, Paris.

Christopher Marlowe and Fanny Craddock too share this birthday, 1564 and 1909.

Now that has got me thinking, I am going to look up one of Fanny's recipes.....and dig out my copy of Le Pere Goriot - it's a great book, not by Victor Hugo obviously but Balzac, but that's the joy of the wandering mind.

That'a my lot for today, I'm cooking mussels.

No comments: